Video 5 – Theme – Be. Here. Now. Touch. Move. Dare.
The name of our fifth video is
– A Morning in Fall –
In early 2019, Tra.No – Be a Mouvement launched an Improvisation Dance Project called HOME, with the aim:
– To capture the present moment through improvised dance
– To work on mindfulness within dance & free movement
– To see how improvisation in dance can help us, as individuals, embrace freedom
– To define where ‘home’ is
– To embody the idea that art is not a remote concept but is rather a way of life, which is worth being embraced as much as possible, since we know arts & movements have a very positive impact on our life & health
– To experience that dance as an art can be created through simple everyday context, exercise & performance
This time and as I did previously, I worked & experimented with several material, as in the present video, I used a jar in order to play with the vision of the viewer & create a magnifying effect with the camera. The idea was to play with both the eye & the vision & prove that the limits of our body are always unclear & not clearly defined, as the jar magnifies the contours & shape of our being & make them unprecise.
– Here is the video of the warm-up exercise we did just previous to the definitive one –